Sunday, April 10, 2011

E4AGolf - Ernie Els for Autism

E4AGolf - Els for Autism

Every once in a while a cause resonates so profoundly that we need to take action. Autism is just such a cause for me because I know firsthand what families go through. My 8 year old son Ben is on the autism spectrum and I’ve been through all the stages from “why me” to “why can’t I fix this?” But Autism does not affect just me; it is an epidemic affecting 1 in 110 people and their families.

That’s why I have created the Els for Autism Golf Challenge. In addition to a national amateur golf competition we are also going to Challenge ourselves to make a difference by raising money to create the Els Center of Excellence. Our goal is to make Els Center for Excellence a model for the world of what should be made available for children on the autism spectrum.

Together, with your help, we will make a difference. And, in the process, we’re going have fun playing major courses, competing for major prizes all for a major cause. You can start by signing up for one or more of our 32 Super Regional events around the country. For those not able to play, you can Sponsor a Team or Donate directly to the Els for Autism Foundation. We value a team’s fundraising skill as much as their golf abilities and that’s why we will be inviting both the Low Net winning team and the Highest Fund raising team from each event to join me and fellow TOUR pros at the series finale in Las Vegas on October 23rd and 24th.

We have kept the fields small so they’re well paced, and the finals in Las Vegas will be a blast.

Thanks for taking a stand on this issue and helping children on the spectrum to become productive members of society. I hope to meet you as one of our winners in October.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autism - Google News

The Autism Retort: 25 Newest Blogs Posts


ShareThis