Thursday, May 5, 2011

John's Mom

John's Mom

There are times when I feel like I'm living in a house with holes in the floor. You must step carefully or fall through and at times you do and then you either have to scoot back the way you came or crawl forward to free yourself. Not that there are holes in him or that he is lacking something but that there are holes in my understanding of his world. Sometimes I feel as if I'm missing something. What is it like to see the world without the fetters of consensus? All the rest of the world had decided that this way and that is how things should be. It is like my son said "I did not agree to this consensus I have my own idea about how things should go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autism - Google News

The Autism Retort: 25 Newest Blogs Posts


ShareThis