Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Roses...Mike and Angela: 10 Things People Tell Autism Parents

The Roses...Mike and Angela: 10 Things People Tell Autism Parents

Being a parent of a kid with Autism is a unique experience. You feel often times like you are in the same world as everyone, yet also entirely in another. Often times from the outside, things can appear normal and fine, but upon closer look you realize the inner workings are entirely different.

Here are some of the things people say to me, as a mom of a kid with Autism. On the surface, these statements seem true to them...but it's only upon closer look, that you realize the true depth to Autism and the impact it has on my every day, plan, future, and heart.

10 Things People Tell Autism Parents
1) It's okay now that your kid has Autism, because you are used to it.
How I really feel: I look fine. I smile. I am happy. Truly, I am. But, I am never quite used to the fact that my kid has Autism. This is something that never goes away. Not in a month, a year, or a decade. It is always there and always challenging in different ways at every stage in Colton's life. It hits me in different ways every day and still hurts to realize...he is different...he might not ever get married, or have a group of real friends, he might get bullied. I'll never fully get used to it.

More @ http://familyofroses.blogspot.com/2012/08/10-things-people-tell-autism-parents.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autism - Google News

The Autism Retort: 25 Newest Blogs Posts


ShareThis