Friday, September 6, 2013

Autism Parents: Secret to Staying Married ...

How This Autism Mom Stays Married | Laura Shumaker

"How have you stayed married?" I am often asked by young autism parents, "I hear the divorce rate is high for parents of children with autism." 
I have heard that statistic in so many different versions over the years, so did my own informal poll, asking parents on my Facebook Forum the question"How is your marriage holding up?"Yes, having a child with autism adds stress, in our case a *lot* of stress, but there is a secret to staying married, whether you have a child with autism or not, and it has worked for the Shumaker's. Here it is: 
We are nice to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autism - Google News

The Autism Retort: 25 Newest Blogs Posts


ShareThis